Friday, January 25, 2013

Do this for your grades


by Alias Jady Santos, IV-Platinum

I cannot understand, why do we need to do some things that have no connection with the subject we are studying forcedly just to have grades. “Do this for you to have plus factors”, these are the words I always hear from our teachers when it comes to requirements.
One example is the current dance practice for the upcoming family day this Saturday. My teachers said that if we join we will have plus grades on Physics, Mapeh, Values, and Araling Panlipunan, but what is the connection of this activity to those subjects. In Mapeh maybe it is all right but why on Physics, Values and Ap? We did not study the different Laws of motion, the kinds of values and virtues, and the economic growth just for dancing. It is unfair for those who do not like and do not know how to dance.
Teachers said that we must practice whole day even though we have classes for us to win the contest. This is my fourth year in this school but this is the first time that I have encountered this kind of event. What about our studies? What will happen to our other subjects? What will happen to those who can’t dance and cannot participate the event like me?
I think they must have an alternative project for this. This mask dance covers four subjects. I’m sure this will affect us very much. I wonder why did our principal allowed this to happen.

No comments: